L.D. Cross-Cultural & Educational ConsultancyLi Feng will show you the real China
Essentially, LD provides an elite two-way communications conduit. In instances of negotiation impasse, a way forward is thoughtfully suggested and diplomatically facilitated. More than simply a translation service or communication facility, LD is sensitive to cross-cultural nuances, seeking to remove barriers to correct interpretation of facts, intention and understanding between parties separated by language and culture.
Fluent in English and Mandarin and with more than 20 years’ working experience in cross-cultural communication and international business in both China and Australia, Li/LD provides an extremely efficient and professional service with competitive rates.
Highlights of past projects
1) Trade missions, cross-cultural events and conferences facilitation and coordination
- Assigned by NSW Department of State and Regional Development as the Conference Interpreter for the then Premier of New South Wales, the Hon. Morris Iemma for the Joint Economic Conference between Guangdong Province and New South Wales on December 7, 2006
- Assigned by Australian Bureau of Agriculture and Resources Economics for the Federal Conference on China’s Resources and Manufacturing Future on June 21 and 22, 2004 (attended by the Hon. Alexander Downer, the Hon. Ian McFarlane and the then Chinese Ambassador, Madam FU Ying).
- Assigned by Australian Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade as the interpreter for the official visit of the Delegation led by Mr. Gao Guangsheng, Chairman of the Office of National Climate Change Coordination Committee, National Development & Reform Commission in PRC on May 24, 26 and 28, 2004.
- Interpreter and cross-cultural consultant for former New South Wales Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA)’s official presentation to Mr Yu Xiao Xuan, the Deputy Director of Environment Activities in Beijing Olympic Organising Committee on November 22, 2002.
- Interpreter and cross-cultural consultant for the 2002 Trade Mission of NSW Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) in Beijing in May led by Mr Sandy Hollway, the former leader of SOCOG, and Mr Mark Fogarty, the former Executive Director of SEDA.
- Interpreter and cross-cultural facilitator for 2001 Trade Mission of Central Coast Delegation to Shanghai and Zhejiang Province in September led by the Hon. John Murray, MP (funded by NSW Department of State and Regional Development and Austrade).
- Interpreter for Mr Dai Guang Qian, the Vice Minister of Personnel Ministry to Australia in November 2000.
2) Educational training facilitation
- Interpreter and facilitator for the one-day study tour on Contaminated Site Remediation of Hunan State Environmental Protection Bureau in June 2011 as its study tour interpreter. The delegation was led by an Austrade trade commissioner from Beijing and was hosted by OTEK, a leading environmental engineering company in Australia.
- Interpreter and facilitator for a six-day training program of the Chinese Asset Management delegation from the State Council (the Cabinet Office of Chinese Government) in University of New South Wales in August 2004.
- Interpreter and facilitator for the two-week Renewable Energy Law Study tour to Australia in April 2004 funded by the United Nations Department of Economics and Social Affairs (UNDESA).
- Interpreter and facilitator for the two-week China Solar Thermal Industry Study Tour in November 2003 funded by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Interpreter and facilitator for the one-week Chinese Ministry of Agriculture Study Tour organised by NSW Department of Agriculture in October 2003 at the Horticultural Institute of NSW Agriculture in Gosford.
- Interpreter and facilitator for the two-week Study Tour of China Bagasse Cogeneration Delegation to Australia in August 2002 led by China Renewable Energy Industry Association. The study tour was funded by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
3) Project facilitation
- Business negotiation facilitation between Hydrocool Pty Ltd. (Australia) and Haier, the Chinese Refrigerator Manufacturing Giant in November 2002;
- Represented 8 Australian green technology companies to participate in the 2 nd PECC Environment Trade Fair in Tianjing, China in November 2001 as the marketing manager and cross-cultural adviser for LD’s previous parent company, Sustainability Centre Pty. Ltd.
- Coordinated the first Cross-Live Satellite Transmission Concert between China (Shanghai Grand Theatre) and Australia (Sydney Opera House) on February 20, 2000 as the event coordinator for this project on behalf of a company called East-West Information Centre in Australia.
For projects enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note – Due to Li’s full-time engagement at present, her consultancy is only interested in high-profile and short-term projects on casual basis.